Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm Baaaaack!

Well it sure has been a long time since my last post...for me that is. The computer was "broken" and Michael had to "fix" it...again. He notices problems that I swear don't really exist, and then feels the needs to "fix" them, thus the delay in entry...sorry Heather...I know breakfast can be dull without a little light reading...hehehe. However, all is now well and I have returned. I wanted to update everyone on the weekend we had last. It was a pretty classic Saturday, I slept in, and Michael washed the windows of his parent's house. He came home before finishing, and I decided to go back with him to finish up. Well they have a 2 storey walk out home, which puts the top floor pretty high from the ground. So we decided to borrow a ladder from a man in the ward, and the only one he had that would work was a 40 foot ladder. We thought...great, that will be fine. So we strapped it to the top of the truck and drove it back, and then tried to set it up at the side of the house. Well wielding the strength of this ladder was a feat in and of itself. It was HUGE. We got it up, and the window washed, and then attempted to take it down. We were so dumb. There was no way that we could get this thing down. It was 20 feet in the air, and super heavy. So I tried standing on the bottom as Michael lowered the part in the air, but I wasn't heavy enough to keep it from sliding out from under me. That freaked me out, so we tried him standing on it, but it was too heavy for me to lower, so there we were...standing there...holding it up in the air. Finally his parent's neighbour came home and rescued us, but then Michael had to do the back, so we...stupidly, moved it to the back, and tried to get going on those windows. We got it up in the air again, and got some windows done, but also had to lower it once again. SO STUPID. Michael's advice if the ladder started to fall was just to get out of the way. Oh great...thanks. Well we finally got it down and needless to say, I refused to do anymore. So we waited for reinforcements. We found Kandice and her 2 guy friends and with all of us helping we were able to get the ladder situation working. Somehow, I'm not sure if all of that was worth the money. But what would our lives be without out insanely stupid moments? On a brighter note, I bought some decorations for my house, and I must say they turned out well, I think even Lara would approve. Well tomorrow's Friday...YAY...and then on Saturday, we have a gala to go to. Our ward is doing it and we have to dress up and everything. It should be fun, and you can count on pictures. Then Sunday is a big day. First and most importantly...our anniversary...2 years under our belts. Then of course Mother's Day and Grandpa Melchin's birthday. I will surely never forget his birthday. For those of you who can't remember, here's what we looked like 2 years ago...

1 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Okay I choked on my mini-wheats because I was laughing so hard at your ladder story. I can just picture Michael saying "If the ladder falls, just get out of the way"...and I can totally see your face reacting to his crazy remark. Good story! Anyway good to have you back, I've missed you!