Saturday, September 30, 2006

New Template

So after inspiration from Lisa's sweet template I decided to try it out for myself. After quite a few hours and 2 attempts at different formats, I finally was able to do what I have wanted to do forever. Create something more original. Anyhoo, today is Saturday and Michael and I are watching Conference while we clean up and do laundry, and all that good stuff that usually gets put off until the weekend. The first session was great so far, and I enjoyed Elder Ballard's talk a lot. After receiving my new calling, I must admit I feel very overwhelmed by how I can possible compare to the previous presidency. All of us in the presidency right now are starting out in life with our families, and we don't have the baking, cooking, creativity, planning, and organizing skills that the previous presidency had. Sometimes I wonder how we'll make it so that the girls love Young Womens. Anyway, his talk reassured me that we just need to serve and follow the guidelines we have been given. I enjoyed his talk.

Well most of our families are out of town right now. The only people still around are Lara and Sean, and Kandice. It's strange to have most of the family gone. I'm going to do something with Lara and the kids while the men are at Priesthood tonight. After that we were invited to play some games with some people in the ward, so that should be fun.

Other than that, not a whole lot is new. I was feeling pretty sick last night so I laid low until about 10 when Michael took me to Peter's for some food. We then drove around for a while and talked while we ate. When we finally got home, we just talked and talked until I fell asleep. It's nights like those that I really enjoy. I like to just take pleasure in the simple things. I'm a total home body, and I love to just be in my space. It's been a year today since we got this place, and I still love it. I'm so glad that we're at this point instead of this time last year, where we were afraid we'd made the biggest mistake of our lives. We had to do a bunch of work to make our condo seem a little nicer.



This is a picture of me when I was in my last year of BYU. I got to go to Conference with my family. The April Conference of 2002, I was able to go to the last session in the Conference center and sit in about the 2nd row with my roommate Melanie. Anyway, on the cover of the Ensign for that Conference, you can see me in my pink dress. So here I am pointing to myself on the poster right outside the Conference Center. What a wonderful experience that was!

Well, I'm rambling now. I still have some more things to do before the second session starts. I am grateful for Conference and the inspiration it gives me and for the desire I have to do better after listening to our wonderful leaders.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

That reminded me that Rebekah put me in some BYU magazine one time - she was always good at making stuff up about us... but I had no picture. lucky!
Also I cant believe you have been in your place a YEAR! wow time flies doens't it?? I am missing my fam right now, Preisthood always does it to me.. I am crazy I know. And Peters make everything alright, that sounds soo nice. In fact your whole night sounded so nice. We are doing the same today - cleaning and listening to conf.. can you tell I am bored right now? Well I am! Brian is getting his golf/baseball/football/espn fix in right now and as much as I love it I am not in the mood right now. OK enjoy your day - I am finished with this lame comment!

Heather Palmer said...

Ok you are totally making me want to change my template. I'm SO bored of my current one and I Love yours. Hmmm...if I copy you I'm sorry in advance.