Friday, August 18, 2006

Utah Bound


Well I'm off to Utah tomorrow with Amy and the kids. I thought I would be so excited to go, but I have totally mixed emotions. I HATE leaving without Michael. I'm so bummed we can't go together, and I know that once I'm there I'll have a great time, but for right now, I feel sad. I've just been packing up, and I must admit, it brings about the strangest deja vu. Packing in August to drive to Utah. Hmmm...it feels like I'm going to school. Weird. I am very much looking forward to some wonderful Cafe Rio. I think I'll make Amy stop there tomorrow right when we get there. I need a pork salad! I also get to see Tasha and Christopher while I'm there and I couldn't be more excited about that! I want to get to the temple too. Amy lives literally 5 minutes from Mount Timpanogas so I'm excited to go to one I've never been in. I'm also excited to get some Cold Stone. How come I plan every trip according to what I'm going to eat there? I need to get some new hobbies. I'm sure we'll go boating, and that Amy and Brad will make me get up on the ski. I'll just to have to tough it out this time. Although Utah lake isn't my favorite, Amy assures me that it's cleaner this year? The last time I was in it, I got so sick the next day. That's not a good memory for me, and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with that water. Nothing can compare to the beautiful and clean lakes we find up here. Anyway, I'd better get to sleep seeing as though Michael's already in bed. I'm taking my trusty camera so you can be sure of more pics! I'm sure I'll post down there too!

6 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

cute picture. have fun in utah. how long are you there?

Heather Palmer said...

That is an awesome picture of you two!!!!! So cute! uhhh...Utah lake. When I lived there I knew someone who wiped out water skiing and tore their leg up on a SHOPPING cart that was just under the water! They couldn't see it because it was so mucky and they hit it because they couldn't tell how shallow it was! YUCK! I might head up the canyon to a Lake if I were you! What's that other one...Deer Valley or something??? Anyway...either way. Have fun!

Brooke said...

How fun! How long are you there for? Have a good time and tell Tasha I said hello!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melinda! I have no clue if you'll remember me - a person from your past... Kiley Buchanan (now Phillips) from Marion Carson Elementary! Ran into your blog from Estelle Kanes blog and thought I would say hi. If you'd like, my email is buchanankiley@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you!
Kiley

Jeni said...

alright - i LOVE this pic of you two! One of my favs! And utah will be a blast! I know what you mean, we (well me) plan our trips around food too! I used to plan around Cold Stone too but now that I have one here.. I NEVER eat there. but enjoy the rio for me! I miss that more than anything!

Amber said...

Have fun on your trip! Tell tasha Hello and that I need her email and phone number!!!! My Utah trips are always centered around food also. Not cafe rio any more because we have one in Mesa now! Watch out for floating objects in Utah Lake. You need to come to AZ and we will take you to some great lakes. Not as pretty as the Canada ones but I am sure much warmer!!