Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada


So I went to see The Devil Wears Prada yesterday with my mom and Erin. It was so good! Meryl Streep was amazing in it, and scared me to death. If that were real life and I had to work for someone like that, I would have quit after the first day. She was terrifying. I'm grateful that I don't have to go through stuff like that at my job. It was fun though, to go out with Erin and my Mom. We had a good time, and it's nice to get a chance to see a movie Michael would never take me to. It's strange that we go to movies he likes all of the time, but if I want to see a movie that is the slightest big "chick-flicky" I have to go with girls. Why is that? I see movies like X-Men, and Spiderman, but I can't get him to go to my kind of movies. I'm probably no different than the rest of the world, but I just find it funny. Anyhoo, tomorrow's my last day of work before the extra long weekend we get. I'm super excited for the extra time because I'm having a hard time getting back into the daily grind after my week off. I'm going to lunch with Amy and Ashley, my wonderful friends, on Friday, and that's always a blast. Sometimes I get sad because I feel like I don't have any of my friends around me in Calgary, and then I remember that I always have the most fun, with these girls. After my fun afternoon, I'll have to spend a lot of the weekend catching up on stuff I've been putting off for play time! I hate that. When do you get a vacation from the laundry?

Well as promised, I finally got a picture of the fate of our old camera. It's pretty funny actually. I'm glad he got that mad because I'm so happy with what we have now.

5 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Here's to remembering the old camera - who captured many-a-good memories!

Jeni said...

Oh I miss you - you are hillarious!!! And that movie is SO GOOD i know. We went and saw Xmen 2 nights ago - I wanted to see something else but of course.. that was the only one he would see. I liked it of course but still!!

Amber said...

Men are all the same. I went and saw the devil wears prada with my mom, Angie and Ashton. We made it a girls night out also.

BrittanyB said...

I am dying to see that movie! We've just been so busy. But I manage to drag Thad to see chick flicks. We take turns really. But if I drag him to a chick flick that he absolutely hate we have to immediatly go to blockbuster and rent some high testoterone movie like terminator or Bourne Identity to make him feel better.

nena said...

I want to see that movie bad! I have heard from everyone that it is awesome! Love the face.