Saturday, August 05, 2006

Lunch among friends

Well I had lunch yesterday with my good friends Ashley and Amy. We try to do this once a month, and we haven't had one yet that lasts less than 2 hours. Yesterday was no different, and we almost hit the 3 hour mark, but I have to admit, I love every minute of it. It's so great to have friends that you can pick right up with as soon as you see them. We go way back, and everytime we're together, we don't miss a beat. It was great once again, and we hope to have one more before Amy gets married on the September long weekend. This honestly will be the first wedding I've been too that's not a Mormon wedding. I'm super excited!

Well after that I headed to Mom's house to pick her up, and then to pick up Erin so we could go out to Cochrane and get some stuff from my dad's old showhome. We arrived at 4:47 and apparently no one there had to stay until 5:00 today, because everyone was gone, and we had to turn right around and drive home. Bummer! But, I'm heading there again today and we have the key, so I'm sure we'll find success. There are tons of things they used in the showhome that will match my house perfectly so I'm excited to buy some of it up! After we got home from Cochrane yesterday, we went and met Erin and Scott and the kiddies at the mall for dinner. It's such a great idea because everyone gets to pick exactly what they want. The food court was a great invention indeed. Now that I've got my new camera, I was thrilled to talk to Scott about the possibility of taking a photography course. We both have discovered a love for it, and although he's ahead of me with equipment, I have vowed to get into it more when it's a financially realistic. We walked around the mall checking out the camera stores, and then Michael left me with them to go help one of his friends learn to ride a motorcycle, and they drove me to meet him when we were done shopping. Ever since I started reading Harry Potter, I have grown a love for reading, so yesterday, my only purchase was 3 Jane Austen books for 10 bucks. I'm so excited, and have already started to read Pride and Prejudice. I also got Emma, and Sense and Sensibility. That should fit the reading bill for a little while at least. I'm always so excited to find a bargain.

3 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I'm glad you had fun with your girls! I think it's important to keep up with the friends we grew up with on a regular basis...they keep us sane. Everyone needs their girlfriends!

Also glad to hear you discovering your love for photography. There is something gratifying about a great shot isn't there! Keep up the good work!!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe Amy's getting married. That's awesome. Tell her congratulations for me (if you don't mind)
It'd be great taking a photography course. I'd love to do it to, but timing just hasn't worked out.

Jeni said...

I want a new camera too - I have to talk Brian into that next... I want to come home and see you again :(
Also the malls here are great for stores.. not so good on food courts.