Friday, August 25, 2006

Good food and Great shoes

Well I made it home last night from my 6 days in the Utah heat. I had a great time, other than missing Michael. I ate my heart out (Cafe Rio, Sonic, Coldstone, homemade peach pie and much more) went skiing, shopping, and got to see Tasha and Christopher. They were nice enough to drive down to see me even though I'm sure they could have been doing many other things. I sure love them both! For those of you who don't know, I met Tasha my second year at Ricks and fell instantly in love with her! We moved to Provo along with Amber to all go to BYU, and then my last year I lost her to her mission.

I actually got up on skiing while down there. Catie is way better than me though. The water in Utah lake was seriously nasty. Nice green top coat all over the water. It wasn't the best sitting in the water for too long. I got some great pics of everyone skiing, and Amy tried her best to get some of me. It's hard to get a good one on a moving boat. Brad was the champ and I got great pics of him. I'll have to post them for you to see if Amy doesn't get to it first.

Cafe Rio was delightful. I suprisingly only got it twice, but it was so good! I love that place. I could eat everything over and over and never get sick of it. It's a good thing we don't have one here or I might look a little larger.

Other than eating, I spent most of my time there shopping. I am a HUGE shoe addict! I know that if I ever get money, Michael could be in trouble. We did find some awesome sales at this time of year, and I came home with 7 pairs. I know, it seems like tons, but when I mean sales, I mean like $3, $4, and $6 pairs. So I didn't go money crazy. It was wonderful. My last day we hit another huge sale but I had already spent my money so I forced myself to leave without looking. It was hard, but I did it. If I lived there I might be broke. So many sales all of the time. It totally doesn't account for the exchange. You can't compare to the prices down there, so I really saved us money hey? That's how I like to think about it. Well here's some pics of the trip, I'll get more on later. Michael and I are heading up to the condo for the rest of the weekend, and then it's back to work on Monday. Michael has 1 last week of work before school starts, and then the playing slows down. I can't believe this month has gone this fast. I hate how quickly the summer goes away, but at the same time I love the fall. I love getting to wear warmer clothes and how the leaves change. I love it up until the first snow and then I want summer back. Oh well, what are ya going to do???


Catie and Me. Our photographer was Annie so our heads got a little cut off.
Sarah the Monkey. I tried really hard the whole trip to come up with a nickname for her. I love to have nicknames for the kiddies. I finally decided on Monkey. She gets around like one. She "crawls" on her feet and hands and she can motor. It's hilarious. I also spent my whole trip trying to get her to call me Ninna. When Catie was a baby that's what she called me. The kids up here now call me Leela. I think I was successful with Sarah though. I had her saying "nin nin" but I'm not sure if she knew what she was doing. I like to think she did.
Tasha and Christopher! Thank you for seeing me!
Me and all the kiddies right before we left for the airport. I had a great time with them. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jeni said...

First of all - Cute family (Amy and Brad) Very cute!
Second - CAFE RIO? yum... I agree I would be huge, Oh wait that is why I gained 20 lbs my freshman year.
Third - I love that you saw Tasha and Christopher - We love them and are kinda jeleous! haha
have fun at the condo.

Heather Palmer said...

I'm glad you agree with me about Fall. I was getting flack from my girls about looking forward to the changing seasons. A woman after my own heart...well except that you don't love winter. :)

Brooke said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time. Isn't Cedar Hills just the most idealic town? We have friends there too and I think it's just perfect. How were Tasha and Christopher? Email me details when you have a sec! I know nothing that's going on in their lives.

Amber said...

Seven pairs of shoes. Melin you need help!!! Even if they were cheap it is time to learn some self controll!! Just kidding. You reminded me of school when you said you spent all your money on shoes. Some things never change.