Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pciture update

Well not a whole lot changes in our daily lives except this little girl. We watched her little video Michael made right when she was born, and I can't even believe how she's grown. She was so tiny. I miss that little girl already. She's so much bigger. Last time she was at the doctor, she'd made it to 9 pounds. I'm sure she's getting closer to 10 now. She's starting to realize who I am, and I can't even believe how great it is. I just love it when she's upset and gets to me and calms right down instantly. It's so flattering. She's sleeping between 5-7 hours in the night, and it's been so wonderful to get a few more consecutive hours sleep. It makes such a difference in how I feel all day. I'm very blessed. She likes to sleep near us too. She always goes in her bed right after the first night time feed, and then she never makes it to the second one alone. As soon as it's a little bit light out, she wakes up and wants to be near us. So, we let her snuggle and she goes back to sleep right away. Yesterday, she was in bed with us in the morning, and she started to get really fussy and sad. As soon as we sat up to look at her, it's like she realized we were there, and started smiling like crazy. It's almost like she thought she was alone, and as soon as she saw us, it was all ok again. Ahhh, I LOVE her!
Her eyes are getting more and more blue. Nana Palmer is the only one with blue eyes in both of our families (other than some neices and nephews), and I'm hoping they stay that way.
I'm trying to get the perfect picture of her feet for the feet wall at the Palmer's house. I'm still not totally satisfied though.
I LOVE this little smile!
Other than Claire, we're still waiting to find out exactly when and where we're going with Michael's company. Things have been up in the air, and are still a little up in the air right now. All we know is we're going for sure, and most likely to Lugano, Italy now. I'm up for whatever, but it would be nice to have a few more details. I'm also not happy to stick around here for as long as it takes them to figure it out. I'm so glad we've been delayed. We'll keep you posted though.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jeni said...

DONT LEAVE! I cant wait to see that little angel!! I will be home in about a week! YEAH! isn't is crazy how fast they grow and change?

Emily S said...

Aw that's so cute, I love all the pictures. Thanks for posting them!

FamiLee said...

So sweet...it is just the best feeling in the world when they start to realize who you are and how much they want you! That is the "rewards" part! ;) Claire is just beautiful.

Alysha Sladek said...

she's darling!!! i love her little smile! what a sweetheart!! i love when they recognize you. it really does make you melt!!! i love all the pictures. i think it's so fun that you and em had girls around the same time. how fun to have a cousin close in age!!

Sarah W. said...

Melinda,
she is such a beautiful baby. I am not kidding, she looks like a perfect doll. Her lips and nose are so cute. I bet you just want to stare at her all day long.

Kandice Stewart said...

she is soo beautiful! It breaks my heart seeing these pictures because she already looks like she has changed so much -- and I probably won't see her for about 7 more months :( So sad. I miss you guys a lot. You can't leave us :(

Except... I wanna come visit you in the summer so that'll be fun! :D

Heather Palmer said...

Wow! I haven't even met her but it just melts my heart every time I see pictures of her! She is so cute and I just love her so much! I am seriously COUNTING the days until you guys get here! (just 8 to go!!!)