Thursday, April 03, 2008

Update on the Palmers

Well it's been a little while since I've posted anything. Things up here have been going pretty well. Claire is a little angel, and I'm learning how to function on little to no sleep (not an easy task for a girl who really likes her sleep). We had her blessing this past Sunday, and Michael did such a beautiful job. I was so proud of him. We then had everyone over to my mom and dad's house for a dinner which was really fun. It was our first day really getting out of the house and into the public. I can't even believe how long it took us to get out the door. It was insane. Cyndi made the blessing dress, and I couldn't have been happier with it. And Judy made the blessing blanket. We were so thankful! Claire looked beautiful, and I only hope that more of my girls will be able to wear the dress, though it's not likely they'll be as small as Claire.

Other than that main event, I've been trying to recover. For anyone who doesn't know, I've had mastitis 3 times since Claire was born, and I've been trying to get myself together so that we can function normally. We aren't able to go out as much now because of my care routine, and that's driving us all insane I think. Oh well, what are you going to do? It could be worse.

As for the picture at the top of the page, that's courtesy of Jeffrey. Isn't it beautiful? I just love it, and can't wait to see more of the ones he's taken. I can't wait to get a better camera. Mine just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Well I'm sure there's more going on, but I can't think of what it is.

9 comments:

Emily said...

It was so nice to have her blessing on sunday. Michael really did such a nice job. Claire is lucky to have you two as her parents! It was also nice to see you guys two days in a row...what a treat!! I'm glad you're sticking around a little longer. I hope you start feeling better soon so we can hang out with our new little girls!!! And Jacey. :) Oh and that picture of Claire up top is beautiful. Good photographer...but she's a beautiful model!!! ;)

Amber said...

Claire is so cute Melin. I love her blessing dress. She is changing so much. I love her cheeks!! I feel your pain about the no sleep. One of these days our babies will sleep more.

Alysha Sladek said...

i love all the pictures! she's such a doll. her dress is beautiful! i'm sorry to hear you've had mastitis. that's no fun at all!! I really hope everything clears up for you soon! thanks for putting up all the pictures. she's changed so much already.

Heather Palmer said...

She is so cute. She is starting to fill out and it kills me because I haven't even SEEN HER in person!
:( I love her!
Anyway...I hope you get feeling better. Mastitis sucks. Hang in there...
I'm glad the blessing day went well. My mom said she was an angel through the entire thing. Sad we couldn't be there!

The Hartle's said...

Claire is so adorable! Sounds like things are going great. I know what you mean about going crazy staying at home all day. I try to go on a walk everyday and it still doesnt cut it! I went to the store this morning and I feel so productive! Anyway isnt being a mom the best thing ever! Who new!

Emily S said...

She is adorable. The pictures at the top is so beautiful! Props to jeff. Hope you're doing well :)

FamiLee said...

I loved her blessing dress is was so beautiful. She is just a doll, and all the pictures of the blessing day are beautiful!

Kandice Stewart said...

She's such a sweetheart! I love her and her tiny little body. I can't believe how big she is getting so fast. It's going to be said not seeing you guys for like 10 months :(. The 8 that you'll be gone, plus I'm gone in a week so I get even less time with your little family :( Anyway, sure love you guys.

Jeni said...

that is a very pretty picture!! she is so beautiful!! and you are looking sooo good melin! what a great and wonderful day for you guys!!