Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake Louise '08

It's so much nicer to have this picture in the summer than in the winter. So much prettier. The whole clan right before leaving.
I love this picture of Claire and Judy. Awwww.
My girl

In our hotel room right before leaving for dinner at the Chateau.

Well this summer, we started a new tradition. Just like we go to Banff at Christmas, we decided to go to Lake Louise in the summer. Judy and Aunt Joanne came to visit and Mom, Lara, Erin, Claire and I went to spend the night there. It was so beautiful, and so much nicer to be out and about in the beautiful summer than it is in the freezing winter. We spent the night at the Lake Louise Inn, and went to eat dinner at a restaurant in the Chateau Lake Louise. We ate at this steak house there. They bring you these "dips" essentially with nan bread as an appetizer, and this comes with every meal. They were interesting and fun, but I'm glad we didn't technically pay for them (although they're included in the cost of the meal) or I would have been disappointed. But, when them seem free, they were fun. Weird how that works. We then toured around the hotel for a while. It was so beautiful. The lake was gorgeous, and it was so calm there that night that it felt like we were in the middle of a beautiful painting. After dinner we went back to the hotel for some Haagen Daz and So You Think You Can Dance. The next morning we got ready and ate the rest of our ice cream for breakfast (we couldn't let it go to waste) and then we headed to Banff. We walked around and at at Earls (Erin and I got a horrible soup), and then went to the fudgery. I love that place. Although all I got was a caramel apple and some rundle rock. I held back. We drove home singing ABBA the whole time (like we did on the way there too). It was wonderful. Claire was an angel and didn't disturb anyone in the night. She knew she had to be on her best behaviour or she wouldn't be invited to BS'08. Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took...I wish I had taken more.

1 comments:

Jen Heward said...

I am so jealous. It sounds like you all had a great time. I think that it is a great tradition. I don't know of a prettier place on earth. Your little girl is absolutely adorable. I love her big blue eyes.