Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Feeling Hot Hot HOT!

Wow is it ever hot here today. It doesn't help that my work building's AC needs some repairs, so we roast all day there too! It's only bad here because you can't go home to AC. Most of you who are living in way higher temps may have it rough outside, but at least you can live inside. We however, get no break. I think I may end up sleeping in the car tonight. It reminds me of the summer Joslyn got married (Lis, I'm sure you remember) it feels sort of humid which is so strange for the dry lands up here. Oh well, we complain when the temps lower too. We're never satisfied around here.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't checked out Michael's Blog, you wouldn't know that we saw the sneak peak of SUPERMAN RETURNS. And let me just say that Superman has indeed returned. It was awesome! I really liked it and highly recommend it to everyone. It was good clean entertainment. The new superman did an excellent job! Go see it right away. Don't wait on this one! The only draw back was that we got home really late, and I suffered at work today for that one.

Only 1 day left at work until we leave for the weekend. It'll be so nice to be in the heat, but have a pool to jump into. You can't complain when you're at the pool. Michael and I are heading up a little early with Jeffrey and Emily, so we need to go get some food. The rest of the clan is coming out on Sunday, which is a little sad because I thought the plan was for the whole family to go together. At least that was the impression I got from the family meeting. Oh well, you do what you can! Before we go I have to do a whole bunch of stuff around my house. The last thing you want to do when it's boiling, is clean, but it has to be done! And I hear, it only gets worse.

7 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I hear ya on the heat. It's been a whopping 108F here this week. Noone has AC here cause they are all environmentalists. But...you can't deal with that heat in the high humidity here...so every AC unit in Oregon was sold out this week. So funny. Luckily we bought a corner AC unit and a high powered fan a month ago...but it doesn't help much when it's this darn hot. Sounds like everyone is suffering! Wish we were going to be there in time for the weekend at the condo! :(

Emily said...

I didn't know the rest of the family was coming Sunday. That is a little sad. But I'm excited to go with you guys. I've only been out there once....so I'm really excited for this weekend!! I missed two days at the beginning of this week and we want to be able to go with you guys on Thursday night, but I'm afraid of asking Linda for Friday off....will you do it for me??? jk...I wish! And about Superman...I really want to see it, but I don't know if I can do it so late...I'll die at work!! Hm.

Amber said...

No complaining about the Heat until you live in Arizona. We may have AC but when it is this hot you don't want to leave your house because the car doesn't cool off until you are at your destination so all you do is sweat all day. I am jelous that you are going on vacation again. Are you ever at home? Just kidding I am just in need of a vacation.

Anonymous said...

Superman returns is a rad movie. For those of you who like superhero movies check out
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

This looks amazing too.

Jeni said...

Oh WHY am I excited for Calgary heat? I have decided that I iwll probebly be a little chilly up there compared to here... and No i am not complaining compaired to 108 degree OR AZ! that is hot! It is humid here though which makes it BAD! have fun out at the Lake - I am jeleous you have a place out there.. we no longer do and it is so sad :(

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like fun. i've been waiting to hear some news on superman. glad to know it was good.
how nice to have a place to go to. have fun in Inveremere!

Calloways said...

Can't beat that Georgia heat! You can drink just by breathing the humidity! I TOTALLY agree with you on the AC though, the heat here hardly bothers me compared to when its hot in Calgary and there is no AC. I remember going to Walmart for relief...or Jeni's house I think I remember her having AC...Jeni am I right? Have fun on you trip!!