Monday, June 26, 2006

The Sing Off

Well I'm still trying to get Lara's camera working. I'm sure you're all so sick of me saying that I don't have a camera. I'm sorry. I'm working on it. Not much to report though. I had a short weekend and had to go back to work today. I'm totally spoiled that way, but once you go to 4 days a week, it's so hard to go back. We don't work Friday though and I'm so excited because we're going out to Invermere again with the Palmer clan. Should be good times had by all. We spent the whole day Saturday looking for cars. All that did was expand all of our options and now I seriously don't know what we're going to get. I'll keep everyone posted though. The topic of cars sure gets a great reponse on my blog. Who knew? Sunday night was worth mentioning. We went to Lara and Sean's for dinner and after Lara showed me the ways of Karaoke on X-Box. Oh my was it so much fun. At one point Lara and I had ALL of the kids, and we were having a sing off to a medley of songs. We were so serious about this sing off that at one point the phone was ringing and the babies were crying, the kids outside were yelling, but we didn't let that stop us. Sadly I was defeated, but she's had 2 days to practice her skiiiils. So funny. I don't know if any of you have played that singing to a song you've never heard, but let me tell you, it's an experience. I spent a couple songs singing so ramdomly just trying to get my voice to match the little bar. I laughed pretty hard. I'm with Jeni on the actual purchase of an X-Box. Michael has the same sort of addictive personality where he stays on things like those for hours, but it would be worth it to get one just for this game. Hilarious.

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

Sounds like fun. Have you tried Karaoke Revolution 4 (PS2)? it's a blast - singing AND dancing.

Jeni said...

Fun!! I love kareoke. I want to play!

Calloways said...

OKay you guys have to do what we do...we have an X-box but we don't buy games, when Matt is on a break from school or whatever he goes and rents one, plays it for 72 hours straight and then takes the game back...then the X-box sits until the next time he has free time to be addicted to the x-box.