Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Invermere and back again

Well we just got back from Invermere again. We left on Saturday and got back yesterday. Michael and I had lazy fun. We watched a ton of movies, hung out in the pool (I have the pink shoulders to prove it) and walked all over the town. It sure is beautiful there. One of my favorite places in the world I think. While we were there we came across two fawns in the grass right outside our door. There were there all alone, and one was not moving at all. I was nervous that it was dead so I tried to get as close as I could to see if I could see it breathing. The other little one, as I was doing this, went and stood over it, and started wimpering at us. It was so cute/sad all at the same time. We didn't know what to do, so Michael called someone out there, I have no idea who, and asked what we should do if there is a dead deer on the property. Lucky for us, I spotted a breath not long after that, and later when we went back, they were both gone. I guess the mom will leave them to get food, or sleep on her own, and then come back for them. She must've come back! They were so cute though. It was like seeing Bambi in real life.

We had a great time out there, and now that we're back at home, we're working on selling our car, and getting a new one. That is fun/stressful. We wish it would just sell already. I guess it hasn't been listed that long, and everyone who has looked at it wants a deal. We can't all get a good deal people. Hehe. Other than that not much has been going on. Oh, I watched the end of Scream 3 on TBS last night. I was all alone in my room, and I used to watch those scary movies all the time, but I kept finding myself sinking lower and lower into my pillows, and as soon as it was over, I started calling to Michael to tell him it was time for bed. I really just needed him in the same room. Man, I've become a chicken. What's wrong with me?

Lara let me use thier old camera until I can get a new one, but what do ya know, I can't get the pictures onto the computer. I don't have the right cord. So, here my blog is again, pictureless. Isn't technology wonderful. My pictures are stuck in my camera, and I can't do anything about it! Oh well, we'll see what I can do.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Melin, I should have the cord. We saw the end of Scary Movie 3 and had some good laughs. I'm a total woos, wus,(sp) at scarey movies now. The Grudge did me in. Thanks alot Judy for making me see that one.

Jeni said...

YA I dont do scary anymore. I hated getting home from THE RING. OHHH that was probebly the scariest day of my life...

Melinda Palmer said...

Oh I remember that so well. That was hilarious. Bekah and I were each other's dates, and were practically attached the whole movie. That was so scary. Ahhh...good times!

Judy Taylor said...

Hey, you can't blame the Grudge on me! That was a total example to me of how peer pressure makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. I knew Lara was in trouble when she started to melt down during the previews for The Ring II! Remember, you can watch any scary movie as long as you have the "magic scary movie grid". Interlock your fingers, loosely, and hold them over your eyes, then choose which little hole to look through. It works, I promise.

nena said...

I love windermer to, probably one of my fav places also. As for scary movies not a chance, I would have a heart attack.