Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I am nothing...

without my camera. I know I've said it before, but it's true. None of my blogs mean anything to me without my pictures. And since it's not just that simple to go out and pick up a new camera in our stage of life, you all will suffer. I am sorry for this. Now, for a little update. So since I last posted, things have been pretty run of the mill. On Thursday I went to Enrichment with Emily where we "learned" how to make authentic Mexican tortilla soup from a lady in our ward...who is from Mexico. It was so good, and I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to make it. Sad. Then we met our hubbies at Moxies where they ate, and we had dessert. Friday we watched Erik for Lara and Sean, on my request. He was so sad because he woke up early from his nap, he didn't know where he was, and his mama wasn't there. So we drove him around until he fell back to sleep. When he woke up again, he was much happier and even cracked a smile or two while we were at the Palmer's place. Once they came and got him we started to watch "The Pink Panther" with Jeffrey and Emily and Kevin and Cyndi. I have to admit, I only made it about 20 minutes in before falling asleep so we'll have to try that one again. Saturday was spent not doing a whole lot, and then Saturday night we went to Kandice's recital, which was awesome by the way. I'll put on the footage Michael got, if she'll let me!!!!! Sunday was fine, the Missionaries taught again so that was nice, and then we went to Palmer's for dinner. We left there early because we were hoping to watch the cruise dvd that Michael had made of our vacation, but it wasn't quite done so we spent the rest of the night inside. It was probably the most boring night I've ever had. We finally got to watch it last night, and I must admit, it was worth all of the time (about a month every night) he spent on it. It was amazing! Tonight I actually made dinner, which was really good if I do say so myself. I was in the mood for Mexican so we had a Cafe Rio type salad. I did the best I could. I made salsa, and seasoned chicken with lime and cilantro. We had black beans, peppers, and avacado on top, with tortilla chips and a ranch/lime/cilantro dressing. Chad Simmonds stopped by to see Michael so he joined us. He was the first person that has eaten dinner at our kitchen table. Congrats to Chad. Anyway, now it's off to clean up a little and do some laundry. Those things never end hey?

5 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I have clean laundry in a laundry basket from last week I haven't folded...and now there is a ton of dirty laundry on top of it. One day I will put it all away. AHHH. yes it never ends. Sounds like the CafeRio stuff was good!Anyway...have us over for dinner when we're in town and we'll be the 2nd to eat at the table! :) I'm so glad to see you posting again! I've missed them!!!

Jeni said...

TRUE.. I HATE THE NEVER ENDING STUFF... I AM GETTING BETTER AT DOING IT THOUGH! I miss you blogging.. thanks for the update. I LOVED IT!

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

mmmmm...Cafe Rio. I am always up for it. If you come into town, let me know. WE can make a Cafe Rio Trip. In fact, maybe thats what I will have for lunch. Can I get your dressing recipe tho?

Melinda Palmer said...

I don't really have a recipe, I just got ranch dressing out of a bottle, chopped up some cilantro and squeezed in some lime juice, and sprinkled some cumin powder in there. I hope that is helpful at least!

Amber said...

I hate doing laundry. It gets worse when you have a newborn because they seem to pee and poop on everything. The thought of a Cafe Rio salad brought me back to the good old days of Provo and King Henry.