Monday, November 27, 2006

Messiah 2006

Since I don't know if I'll ever get Michael to sing with me again, I thought I should document the event! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, every year here in Calgary, Keith Wood (who's actually my sister-in-law Emily's grandpa) forms a choir, and orchestra to perform a number of selections from Handel's Messiah. It's become quite the tradition here and I've been in it now for 4 years. I convinced Michael to join this year, which was a miracle in and of itself. Well we have about 5, 3 hour practices and then 3 performances. Last night was our last one, and by far the best one. The music is so fun to sing and I've come to LOVE it so much. It's not Christmas to me without starting with Messiah! Anyhoo, just thought I'd share the pictures. Oh, everyone wears red ties, we're not just matching for fun! It's the uniform.  Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pic Melin. Love the red tie! Wish I could have heard you guys sing. You are so Talented.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute together. I can imagine how hard it would be to drag your husband to that. It would be such a fun experience though. We are in Edmonton. We came here 4 years ago for school and we actually love it here. I never expected that to happen. I am not a fan of the freezing cold- but oh well. You and Mike are so perfect together. I was excited for Emily that you guys are sister-in-laws because you were always so fun. Emily is so fun too so you guys must have a blast together.Is it ok if I add you to my links? I love keeping in touch with everyone.

Anonymous said...

I would hope you dont wear that for fun!! I wish I was there this year to sing with you.. Hopefully soon!! It is so beautiful, sad I missed it this year!! You guys are cute and you TOTALLY look like your sister Cari in this picture! Nice bangs, very cute!

Anonymous said...

The red bow tie scares me a little.

Anonymous said...

NICE! What a GOOD lookin couple.

Anonymous said...

great pic! that's awesome that michael went with you!! hopefully he enjoyed it and will sing with you again. i sang for about 6 or 7 years and then when the kids came it was just too hard. (i always seem to have a nursing baby around christmas) hopefully keith is still doing it when we get back. i can't wait. i miss singing in it sooo much. i remember one year my dad, jimmy and i went and the 3 of us were singing along in the back. such pretty music.

Anonymous said...

i just realized how long that was - sorry for the novel

Judy Taylor said...

As I've said before, if they wouldn't repeat all the words so many times you could be outta there in 30 minutes! Hallelujah, a child is born. There. Done. ;)

Meagan Cooper said...

Melin,
I loved the pictures of the house decor... you gave me some GREAT ideas!!! Mom always tells me when she sees you at the dentist, she loves you. Hopefully we can see each other when I come up after xmas.

Christensen said...

You guys look cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! You guys look great! I LOVE the Messiah, and miss it so much being up here. I sang in it one year and fell in love with. Every Christmas I long to be in Calgary to sing in it. Glad Micheal went with you :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I spelt Michaels name wrong. Have fun in Banff :)