Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Winter's here!

And just like that, it's winter. I can't believe another year has come and gone already. I'm super excited for Christmas. For sitting around the tree with just the little white lights on. For drinking hot chocolate after coming in from the cold. For the smell of baked goodies. For the mystery of what could be under the tree. For the family gatherings. For the good food. For the dark nights by the warm fire. For Christmas movies that you can ONLY watch this time of year. For putting up the decorations and having your house be taken over with beauty. So many more! I'm just excited! I LOVE Christmas and all that goes along with it. I'm going to start decorating this weekend I think. I love when the trees get like this. The frost just sticks right to it. And I just liked how the berries looked with all of the snow on them.
The kick off of Christmas for me is going to be my trip to Banff. I'm going there with my mom, Lara, Erin, and my Judy. It's like being in Christmas town I swear. You sleep in what feels like Hogwarts Castle, in the mountains. Ahhh, nothing is better. We went last year and I hope the tradition continues for years to come. Well not a lot new for me. Just working hard, doing Young Women stuff ( Young Women in Excellence is tomorrow and I made all of the gifts), and getting ready for the best time of year. These are my Beehives in case you were wondering. They are so fun, and I can't believe how fast I've grown to love them. They are just so sweet. I'm losing some and there are 11 more to be gained shortly. They keep me on my toes that's for sure. Other than that, there are a lot of November birthdays in my family so that's been fun! Happy Birthday everyone! Well it's now late, I'm wiped, and so I'm off to bed!
 Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amber said...

I love Christmas also. I just wish that it would cool of here. On Friday it is suppose to be 86 degrees. Looks like you have your hands full with that many behives. Fun calling.

Judy Taylor said...

I'll have to put up a picture of MY Beehives! I seriously thought THEY were the best, but maybe there is a "tie"?

Anonymous said...

CUTE bangs mel!! I like! And I love winter and snow and christmas. TOO bad here we have to wait for thanksgiving to be over.. BOOO!! And too bad no snow graces our grounds.. so sad!

Anonymous said...

melin, you are soooo the behive leader! I love it! Thank you for appreciating winter and christmas as I do. I worship that you are going to banff. I am jealous. I LOVED it there when jeni took me. ESPECIALLY wish this time of the year was at least 3 months long instead of 2. Let's make a motion and vote it in!

Christensen said...

Melin, I already put up my Christmas trees....it's very fun!Although, I think Lola is more excited than me...she loves the Christmas tree. Cade and I bought the same camera as you for when the baby comes. We haven't tried it yet, but maybe we'll be able to take fun pictures like you now!

Anonymous said...

I totally love Christmas too, there are so many fun things! the lights, decorations, family!! Have fun decorating!

Anonymous said...

You look so good Melinda. I am in young womens too. It is so fun. They first called me in when I was 21. They asked me to teach the Laurels. I was shocked and so scared. I hope you are doing great.How is Jocelyn?

Anonymous said...

www.leavittstory.blogspot.com

Sara said...

ook melinda, I love the pics!! I love this time of year too, you are quite the photographer. P.S. one my my roommates just got engaged, theyve been dating for 115 days, he wrote her this thing 115 reasons why i love you... bahahha oooh rexburg! you and Mike need to come visit soon! lllove you