Thursday, November 23, 2006

Christmas is Coming

I'm so excited to be living in twinkle light land now. I wait all year for my house to be festive. I love the gentle glow of the tiny lights all over, and I hardly turn on the overhead lights once my house is done. One of my favorite things is to just sit on the couch with all of the little lights on. Ahhh. I'm excited! I'm finally done my decorating so I just thought I'd share what I've been up to since Monday. I can't believe it's almost a month away. I still haven't gotten to my shopping. I HATE the malls right now. They're so busy already. I'm most stumped on what the heck to get Michael. He doesn't give my much help though. Everything he wants, is way outside the budget. A little frusterating.

Not much going on with me. I have just been up to the usual. My weekends have been busy with Messiah, but since it's over after this weekend, I'll be loving my Sunday nights again. Two performances this weekend, but at least they're close to home. Last weekend we were at the opposite end of the city. Next weekend, we're headed to Banff for a girls night. I'm so excited, except it will be freezing. I hate the kind of cold where you step outside and instantly, you can't feel anything. It'll be worth it though, and you can count on the fact that the trip will be well documented with pictures! I'll be sure to post. Well I just found out there is no new Office tonight, and Michael is out with his uncles and his dad, so I just might be heading to bed early. Wow, what would that be like? Oh one more thing. Michael bought Nintendo Wii, and I have to admit, it's awesome! I've never been one for video games, but I really like this one. Maybe that's because I can actually do it. Oh, and last Thursday, Michael and I camped out all night in order to be some of the few to get Playstation 3's. Yes, we slept outside, but we did get 2. We're in the process of trying to sell them. Michael's had this idea since last year. We're hoping that the need for them as Christmas presents can help us get a little extra cash for our own Christmas presents. We'll see. If not, we'll break even and have a crazy story to tell. I'm telling ya, last Friday at work was NOT fun. After being up most of the night, the last thing I wanted to do was go to work. I'm just glad it's over!


Here are a few shots of the decorations. I call it decorating on a budget, but it's fun for me!
Our stockings are already hung! This is the wreath I made the first year we were married. I couldn't bring myself to pay the money they were asking for a made one, so I did my own for way cheaper! All it took was a gluegun. I'm going to go to the craft store and see if I can make anything else for a bargain!

Cyndi bought us this Nativity last year. I really love it! The detail on the pieces is so beautiful! Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your place looks great Melin. You are on the ball. I'm having a hard time wanting to decorate since we are going to Montana. Nice look on the blog too.

Anonymous said...

What a great post! And what a beautiful apartment! You've inspired me! You guys have such a nice place!

Anonymous said...

I love how you decorated! Wow, it looks so great. Good motivation for me to finish, all I have up is the tree! Your house looks so cute too!

Christensen said...

Nice decorating Melin! Christmas and everyday. It looks like you've added a lot since I was there last.

Amber said...

Cute house and cute decorations!! I love your new blog layout. One of these days I will have to take pictures of our home!

Anonymous said...

melin, i LOVE your house. it's soo cute. your nativity is beautiful. i'm glad you put pics of your house up. you've done a beautiful job decorating. cute change on the blog too! where did you find the layout for it?
we're coming down for christmas and i can't wait. will you guys be around?

Anonymous said...

so pretty... you know I am a sucker for christmas decor! Nice, I love it! I have been trying to get mine up all week... man it sucks to be poor. we as of yet do not have a tree!! hhaa

Heather Palmer said...

PS! I love the new look of your blog. Very seasonal too!

Anonymous said...

Melinda, I love it!! I am seriously impressed and wish I could do even half of what you did! You are such a little homemaker and so good at it! I am so glad you found us, I have updated new pic's so you can check it out. Keep in touch...
Crystal