Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh, how I love the weekends

Well it's now Monday night and I'm just about to head out to family home evening at my parents house with all the clan, Michael is having a nap after about 4 hours of sleep last night. I just looked at Jeni's baby and oh my is she beautiful! I just thought I'd update before I head back to work tomorrow. It was a nice weekend. Not a lot going on, but I like it that way. On Friday we went out to dinner with Kevin and Cyndi. We went to Chili's and it was nice to be able to sit and chat with them for a while. We then went back to their house so Michael could help Kandice with some homework, and I watched Poltergeist on T.V. I love that movie. It put me in the mood for Halloween. I love to be scared all snuggled in a blanket. It was a lot more scary to me when I was younger though. Entertaining now.
Anyhoo, Saturday I watched Hannah in the morning for Erin and Scott, and then joined my mom and sisters for lunch at Moxies. It was fun to chat with them too! I need to stop eating out I think. The rest of my day was totally spent lounging. It was very nice. I had 2 naps, and didn't get ready until 8:00. Michael and I then went to Superstore (I really hate that place, don't even get me started) and then to the Palmer's again where we watched The Lakehouse. I actually really liked it! I was suprised at how much I enjoyed it.
Sunday we went to Church and then to the Palmer's for dinner. I then went to a Stake Youth Fireside where a man in our stake spoke to the youth in our stake about morality. Some of the stats he had were quite alarming. I feel sorry for those growing up right now. They sure face a lot more than I did and I'm not too far ahead of them. Scary. We need to work extra hard to protect them that's for sure. After the fireside Michael and I watched Take the Lead. That dance movie with Antonia Banderas. It was also good. Not as good as I would have hoped, but enjoyable enough.
Today I went to the doctor and then to the mall with Erin and then over to Costco with her too. I filled our fridge and freezer so now we can eat again. That's always nice hey? Tonight after FHE we're excited to watch Hero's. Has anyone been watching that one? It's awesome too! I'm so glad that there are more than reality shows on tv now. I got so sick of those. Well I'm sure I've bored you all with my ramblings, but I thought I'd just update!

5 comments:

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Well sounds like you have been busy doing fun things, which is good. I also watched Take The Lead, I felt the same way as you did. Lakehouse is on my agenda for this weekend. Glad to see your doing well, and I love your ramblings...they make me laugh.

Christensen said...

Oh...to only work 4 days a week. I only wish! Glad you had a fun day. Your shade shirts arrived. How do you want me to send them?

Calloways said...

I LOVE HEROES. Melin, I am so glad that you always tell what shows you are watching. Heroes is the best. The girls that I work with love it and we talk about it all week. P.S. I forgot all about Superstore but I had to laugh when you mentioned it. It just brought back so many memories of going to that crappy store.

Heather Palmer said...

DId you watch Heroes last night? Oh it was a good'en. I love that you had such a laid back day...enjoy them!

BrittanyB said...

I might have to force Thad into watching the lakehouse now ;)