Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween


Well it's that time again! I love Halloween and sometimes I get sad because I'm really too old to enjoy it the way I want to! I'm at least grateful that I have some kids around me that I can watch! It's always so fun to see everyone out on Halloween trick or treating. I really do look forward to it! Well it's Monday night and I've just got home from Liv's birthday party. I'll wait for Lara to post some of the pictures before I do. It was a blast for the kids and nice to be around everyone. The weekend has been good, but very fast. Friday night Michael and I were supposed to go to a Halloween party and after the week we had, we got into bed for a little nap and slept most of the night away. Sad. It would have been fun! Then Saturday I lounged around a bit and then watched Erik so that Lara and Sean could go to a movie. He was sad most of the time, but I still love being with him. Then Michael and I went out for Sushi! Ever since we had it in Portland, I've been craving it, and we found a great place in Crowfoot and tried it out, and it was really tasty! I'm sure we'll be back there! Then we headed to watch a movie at the Palmer's. We watched the new version of When a Stranger Calls. It hit the spot for the scary movie I like to watch around this time! It was a good one. Sunday we enjoyed our extra hour and would have been to Church one time had it not been for the huge snow storm that came our way. Needless to say, the roads were a little tricky the whole way! We then stayed around our house (which is rare for a Sunday afternoon) and then went to Messiah practice. I always like those. Today has been busy with breakfast with Ashley and Amy this morning, Superstore with Erin and Mom this afternoon and then Liv's party. All in all, a good weekend, but it went way too fast! I'm not ready to head back to work now. I hate that feeling. Oh well. This week should go by fast because of all the things going on. Halloween tomorrow, mutual on Wednesday, and then a baby shower on Thursday. Busy evenings usually make the weeks go faster. Ahhhh...I can't wait for the weekend!

9 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Wish we were there to party with you guys for Halloween! :) We sure miss you. SO glad you found a Sushi spot! The cravings really do come and come and come...they never go away. We'll have to try out your new spot in December. Happy Birthday to Liv!...and all the others you mentioned. I love that picture of you and Michael! Miss you!

Jeni said...

is that your pump?? NICE.. I love Halloween as well... remember all of our costumes??? the unmentionable one especially that you hated...?? ha ha that was fun
Miss you and wish i was there to hang out on the big "H"

Sarah W. said...

Melinda!!! We are totally following in your mom and dad's footsteps. You guys turned out all right didn't you? Besides, i had a bunch of brothers and they are stinky. Just kiddin!!!

Amber said...

Melin how do you do a bubble share album? HELP!

Alysha Sladek said...

great pic of the pumpkin - it's cute. was when a stranger calls any good? i've been wanting to see it, but jimmy isn't a fan of scary movies. i miss messiah practices. i love singing in it!! when are the performances?

Melinda Palmer said...

It was good! Just enough scare to keep you bundled up, but nothing gorey or language or anything disturbing. I liked it! And the Messiah is the last 2 weekends of Nov. At the WSC Nov 25,26. I love singing in it too! I actually got Michael to sing this year with me.

Amber said...

How fun that you two get to do things like sing together. It would be scary if Mike and I tried to do that but how fun for you. Keep doing things like that together because once you have kids it seems like all your alone time vanishes!!

Lynne said...

Melinda, I just wanted to compliment you on your musical number last night. WOW!! It was wonderful!! You four should sing together more often. I loved it. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
Lynne

Sarah W. said...

Melinda,

To answer your question about our cabin, it is in Strawberry, AZ. Just a mere 2 hour drive up north and you are there. We love getting away and going up to enjoy the cooler weather and the beautiful surroundings. Our cabin is basically on it's own mountainside. Probably nothing compared to Canada mountains, but we think they are wonderful!!!