Friday, November 28, 2008

9 Months Old

Well, it's true. It's been 9 months and 1 day since that tiny little girl entered out lives. I can't believe how fast it's gone, and I'm so glad that we have her in our lives. I took some pictures of her today, and I couldn't narrow them down, so there are a ton. Sorry. Some of the things Claire is up to right now are...

-She's army crawling all over the place. She can get onto her hands and knees, but she's not so good at acutally moving around on them.
-She loves to eat! She makes a really loud "mmmm" sound (actually she sort of yells it) with most of the bites she takes.
-She gets into EVERYTHING. Our dvds are all over the place all of the time.
-She fake coughs still. It's hilarious.
-She copies your noises, and jabbers all the time.
-When she sees you after a while, she tilts her head, smiles, and extends her arm out to you, sort of like she's allowing you to kiss her hand. We have yet to get a picture of this, but it melts anyone who sees her and it totally adorable!
-She gives you hugs when you get her out of bed. She pulls you in really tight and I am willing to give her anything she wants at that point.
-She's starting balance herself only on her knees.
-She is such a fun girl, and we are excited but nervous for her to get more independent.

This is where she goes most of the time when she's on the floor. She's always by her dad while he's on the computer.
After she's done crawling, she can sit herself back up on her bum. It's made her a lot less irritated...nice for me!
On her hands and knees teasing us, but not actually moving.

As I was trying to get these pictures, she would stop whatever she was doing and frantically pull herself over to the camera...hence...the extreme closeup.
Losing her balance...don't worry, she didn't get hurt. I thought it was funny though.

She can stand some of the time. Usually if you stand her up, she just tries to jump, so this is a rare picture. She is leaning on the ottoman, but Michael isn't holding her up!
Playing with her most beloved toy. When I bought it, I tried to take it from her so the lady could scan it, and she held on with all her might, and yelled at me when I got it out of her hands. Too funny!

6 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Melinda & Michael...she is seriously ridiculously the cutest thing ever! What a doll face! I love her!

Alysha Sladek said...

so cute! i can't believe she's 9 months already. and i love that you caught the face plant in action. :)

Jeni said...

OK so does her fake cough sound like she has the black lung?? "Cough cough"

Emily said...

I LOVED that post! Those are the cutest pictures of her! She is soooo beautiful! I love the face plant! Her lower half is totally in the air! Haha!! I love the picture of her standing by herself, she is stunning!! I want to see her balance on her knees, that is major progress!!!! She is so cute! I love the kiss my hand extension she does, you are right, I can't help but melt everytime!! Ahh, she is so much fun, I'm so glad she's mine! (my neice that is)

Amber said...

such cute pics. I can't believe our babies are already 9 months.

KandyJill said...

She is SO sweet! I can't believe she's already 9 months! That picture of her losing her balance almost looks like she's trying to break dance! I LOVE HER!!!