Monday, December 18, 2006

The Office Quotes/Update

So, I loved The Office last week, as usual. There were so many funny quotes that this might be a little long. Oh well, there could be worse things.

Angela: Meredith! If you don’t come to my party you will be very, very sorry.
Meredith: Is that a threat?
Angela: No. It’s an invitation.

Ryan: I miss the days when there was only one party I didn’t want to go to.

Michael: Bro’s before ho’s. Why? Because your bro’s are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other ho’s in the world. And then…and then suddenly she’s not your ho no mo’.

Dwight: Pam and Karen! I am ordering you to cease and desist all party planning immediately.
Pam: You can’t do that.
Dwight: As ranking number 3 in this office I am ordering you to…
Andy: Ummm, I’m number 3.
Dwight: You’re number 4.
Andy: Yeah, but I’m number 3.
Dwight: Uh no. You must turn over to me all Christmas decorations and party paraphernalia immediately that will be returned to you on January 4th.
Jim: Ok, I think I can help here.
Dwight: Ok good, they…
Jim: As ranking number 2 I am starting a committee to determine the validity of the two committees and I am the sole member of the committee. We’ll act on this now.
Dwight: Ok this is stupid.
Jim: Can you please keep it down? I’m in session. [long pause] I’ve determined this committee is valid.
Dwight: No, no, no. Wait. Permission to join the Validity Committee.
Jim: [thinks about it] Permission denied.

Michael: I’d like everybody’s attention. Christmas is cancelled.
Stanley: You can’t cancel a holiday.
Michael: Give it up Stanley and you’ll lose New Year’s
Stanley: What’s that mean?
Michael: Jim, take New Year’s away from Stanley!

Dwight: He was already dead and we Schrutes use every part of the goose. The meat has a delicious, smokey, rich flavor. Plus you can use the molten goose grease and save it in the refrigerator thus saving you a trip to the store for an expensive can of goose grease.
Jim: Wow. Win-win.

Dwight: [looking at his dead goose] I accidentally ran over it, it’s a Christmas miracle!

I know I say it everytime, but wow, what a great show! Just reading these makes me laugh all over again!

Anyhoo, not a whole lot going on with me. Just getting SOOOOO excited for Christmas. I don't know if I'm abnormal, but Christmas just makes me feel like a kid again. I love that feeling. Normally, I'm stressed with all of the realities of life, and this time of year, I just let all of that go...which is sometimes not a good thing. We had our work Christmas party on Friday, and we had dinner at the Calgary Tower. That's the place Michael and I got engaged, so it holds special meaning for us. Such yummy food too. I think that's really all I did this past weekend...eat. Heather and Gannon and the kiddies got here early early on Saturday morning. It's so fun to see them and the kids. They sure change when you dont' see them for a few months. I hate it. The same thing goes for Amy and Brad's kids. You just miss so much.

Saturday morning we had "Family home morning" with the Melchin clan. We had the breakfast we would have had on Christmas morning since it's the inlaw Christmas this year. So yummy. We also had a great lesson on reading the scriptures and SEan challenged us all to read the Book of Mormon as a family. I'm up for the challenge!Saturday night Kevin and Cyndi had their annual Christmas Open House. It was so fun, and of course we ate way too much. But it's so worth it. It's only once a year. It's always nice to see people you don't get to see all of the time too. Sunday we had our ward Christmas program. Michael and I sang in the choir. It's hard to go from singing in the Messiah with over 200 people to a choir of about 25. We seemed so quiet, but I think we did an ok job. I have to work tomorrow so that I get Friday off. That's hard when you're used to having Monday off, but I'll be happy when Friday rolls around. So those few things were pretty much the kickoff to Christmas! This week is full of fun things and then this weekend...ooohhh...I'm so excited. The only thing I'm upset about is that I haven't been taking pictures. I'll get on that!

9 comments:

Kearl Klan said...

Sounds like you have had a fun time eating! Those are some of the bonuses about this time of year, eating and family. You have them both covered!!
I tried to watch the office on Thursday, still not into it, but Jeff, he loves it and I am sure he will be thrilled to see your new quotes!!
Merry Christmas to you!!

Christensen said...

I missed the office on Thursday. I had my friends over to do some holiday baking and we forgot. Sad.

Anonymous said...

I dont' know why but we keep missing the office. i want to see at least one 'cause it sounds like it's a hoot. i'm kinda sad, we haven't been to a single christmas party this year. our ward had a breakfast, but jimmy was studying and i didn't want to brave it alone with the 3 munchkins. oh well. i bet palmer's party was great. they always have yummy food!
great challenge to read the book of mormon. we did that last year and just barely finished before the new year. it was great. i think we're going to try doing it again this coming year.

Sara said...

Melinda I never really knew of your love for The Office but my apartment watches it together everyweek, then my roommate downloads it from Itunes and we watch it all over again a few more times till the next weeks episode takes place. hahhaah I LOVE the quotes. I'm still laughing right now. I'm on Summer/Fall track at BYU-I so i'll be goign back to the ATL to work for the next few months before I come back up here which isn't exactly a bad thing considering I've heard the cold weather is coming!

Emily said...

Melinda...you're tempting me!! I had to hold myself back from reading your quotes so I can watch the episode fresh! I'm so sad that we missed it this week! It is the best show ever!!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha LOVE the office! I cant wait to see you miss Melba!! Is the office on this week r next? I hate it when it isn't on, seriously! Uh and I LOVE Christmas as well, I just hate that there is no snow here, it doesn't feel like it!

Amber said...

Don't you wish every week was an hour long. I wish I could forget about all my stresses during this time of year I seem to do the opposite but I still love it.

Emily said...

Check your email!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Melinda, You are doing a very poor job at keeping me informed of life......