Thursday, December 07, 2006

Banff Springs 2006 or (BS06)

Well I know it's taken me longer to get these up than it should have. I went to do it on Tuesday, and Michael had "fixed" the computer again, and the internet didn't work. Ahh...lovely. Well it was a blast. We had the best time in Banff. It was beautiful.

We got there on Friday and got to the room and just chatted until we had to go to dinner. The food was amazing. Between us we got Beef Tenderloin, Pork Chops, Trout, and Chicken Alfredo. Yum. The highlight though was the dessert buffet. It was so good. I of course ate way too much, but all of the walking we did around the hotel took care of it I'm sure (right). We toured all over the hotel, and it was so beautiful. We looked in every room we could. We then went back to the room for some See's candies, and more talking. We wanted to get a movie, but none of us would have made it through.

We woke up the next day and were going to get breakfast brought to the room, but we decided to go the buffet instead. While getting ready we blew a fuse and had no power for a while. That's nice when 5 women are trying to get ready. So, we missed the buffet, and we just ordered breakfast instead. It again, was super tasty. We walked around a little more and then checked out and headed into the town for some shopping. We looked in the little gift shops, the gem store, the Christmas Store, and the Fudgery of course. We then stopped for Starbucks before heading home. It was so much fun. Here are the pictures, and most of them have captions for some more details.

6 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Ok, first of all...YOU HAVE BANGS! I love them! Also love your hair dark! It's a fun change eh? 2nd, could you have gotten me any more excited to come home??? Seeing all those pictures of Banff makes me so excited. I miss the mountains so much! Anyway...just 8 more days...I can't wait! Looks like you guys had fun! Those were great pictures!

Melinda Palmer said...

That's funny...I didn't dye my hair at all...it's been the same for about 2 years. I think the bangs being cut makes it look darker? A lot of people have said that though. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

OK A FEW THINGS TO SAY HERE...

1. Your hair looks SO cute, love the bangs.
2. NICE matching red sweaters ladies... haha Melin you just HAD to be the odd one out!
3. BUT nice red socks!!
4. LOVE the hotel, and LOVE the mountains!
5. NICE cleanse Mel!! ha

Looks like alot of fun!

Amber said...

Wow, that place looks like so much fun! And I love the hair too. What a great idea for a girls getaway.

Sarah W. said...

Melinda,

Good thing you were the designated photographer. You took the cutest picture and documented your fun trip. I know Judy appreciated the pics!!! They are proudly displayed on her desk at work. SO CUTE!!!

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Looks like a fun time. I loved the pictures, especially the window ones.