Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not even going to offer an excuse

I'm going to ignore the fact that my last blog post was last year and pretend that I'm really good at this and that you all know what's been going on in my life over the past 4 months. I find it easier that way. The only regret I have is not documenting my little family's life better. There has been a lot that has happened around here. I would post a picture of myself, but I already feel like a truck. I still should document my belly. I feel like it's shaped differently this time actually. But my face, I don't want to document. We'll see what I come up with. Our family is doing well. Claire is surely entering her 2's, because we've had a TON of tantrums over what clothes to wear(she LOVES dresses, but when you live in the arctic tundra, they are not the best choice). She loves to play in water. The sink with her toothbrush, or the shower, or the tub, it doesn't matter just as long as we don't stop her before she wants us to. She loves to be outside. Yesterday we went for a walk and then shoveled the drive way (as best as we could). She carries around her own shovel and tells me what a good helper I am! It's quite cute really. She is sure a chatter box. She's always talking or singing. This morning at 5:30 (brutal) she was singing Pink's "So What" to me in bed. Cute at a normal hour, not so cute at that time! There's also 1 more update about Claire that will be so much better told through a picture, so you'll have to wait! It's exciting, but for some reason makes me a little sad.

We are both getting excited and nervous for our little guy to join us. I don't really know how you deal with more than 1 child at a time, and I'm hesitant to find out. But, since there's no turning back now, we'll do our best!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I actually think 2 kids is easier than one. They will play with each other and then you can get some things done! I am so excited for you to have a boy they are so much fun!

jayme said...

I didn't know you were having a boy, congrats!! Our boys will be close in age. That is fun.

Ryan + Jess said...

A new post! I love it. Please make this a habit??

It was fun to see you guys last weekend. Lets make that a habit, too.

KandyJill said...

Agreed on the habit thing! That is a must! You need to post a video of Claire saying her animal sounds - or of her singing "a dream is a wish your heart makes"... or both! What is this update that needs a picture? I wanna know! :)

Sara said...

I love that there was an update. And you can just post the belly, and crop out the face. But I'm sure you still look great. Way to go Mike! There is a light to the end of the tunnel