Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New Post for the New Look

I got bored of seeing my glitter letters not sparkling and so I decided to change it all. I sure love all of this stuff, and it took me way less time than last time to do it all. I'm grateful for that. Well, I know I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I should update. I missed posting Michael's birthday way back on the 6th. Sorry honey! Heather and Gannon and the kiddies were here for a while so free time was spent with them. But alas, he's another year older and I love him! Happy Birthday! Other than Gannon and Heather being here, not a whole lot is new. I'm getting really excited for this work week to be over because I actually get the whole week off next week and the whole Melchin clan is going to Windermere to stay in a cabin for the week. Kerri will be here, and Cade will follow after. I love it out there, but the only bad thing is I have to leave Michael here for a few days so he can work. He'll join us midweek. It's amazing how soon that separation thing sets in. I used to think that people who were going away from their spouses and were sad about it were wimps, but I am now what I made fun of. Oh well. I'll admit it! Kerri arrives tomorrow and brings...MY NEW CAMERA!!!! Yes we finally bought one and we're so excited...maybe me more than Michael. We decided to invest in a good camera that can see us through for quite a while. I'm excited to test my photography skills at the lake. I'm sure I'll get some good ones and I'll give Scott and Heather a run for their money as the family photographer. Well I now have to run off to a baby shower but I'm sure I'll be posting again before I go.






I just love this picture of Michael and Nixon so I thought I'd share it.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I have definitely been missing my Melinda "fix"! Thanks for the update! :) I know what you mean about the going away from your spouse thing. Can you remember what it was like before you were married?!

Heather Palmer said...

I love that picture of Michael and Nixon. It's one of my faves!

BrittanyB said...

Very Cute Melin!

Jeni said...

Its about time for a post sister friend.... I am really excited you bought a camera - really that is very exciting, and i just want to say you were very tricky while i was up there and were very good about not letting any surprises out! I loved seeing you too and cant wait to come back! I still need you to visit me in texas remember! That is a super cute pix of M and N though - love that!