Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just so I remember

This post isn't all that fun. I have no pictures of anything, but I just wanted to document our lives for the past little while. This past weekend, we got out of town for a few days...to Edmonton. Not the most exciting of destinations, but it was nice to get out of the normal routine for a little while. We went for Brett's basketball tournament...which they won. It was really fun to watch the games, and Claire LOVED it too. She would dance when they would play music, clap anytime someone else did. Which meant, she would cheer for the other team too, we need to work on that. She walked all around the floor during half time, and LOVED it. She also charmed all of the fans around her. It was really so cute to watch. She loves people! We've had a pretty slow week since we've been home. We fed the missionaries for the first time on Tuesday. That's sad to say it's our first time, but at least we did it this time right? Claire's sleep is brutal, and the night before last (17th), she was up at least once every single hour of the whole stinkin' night. It was tough for me. It's especially hard since Michael's at work, and I do it all alone. The next morning though, we found the culprits. She got her 2 front teeth. We were hoping that they would finally arrive since they've been on the verge forever. So I was thinking that last night's sleep would be awesome since the teeth were here. But, alas, I was up every hour until 3:30 when I realized why. Claire got the stomach flu. AWESOME!! I called Michael to get him home, and got her and my bedding squared away. It was nice he could just come home to us. He let me sleep in this morning, and right now Claire is still asleep in her swing. Going on 3 hours. Poor girl. She was brave, and somehow that makes it harder to watch because she's just looking at you confused, but not sad. So, we're PRAYING that we don't get it too! I'm just hoping that tonight, I will actually get a few consecutive hours of sleep...at least 2 would be nice!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I am SO sorry for you! I really hope you two don't get it! I've been lucky so far! Usually I get sick when my kids are, but I think I actually managed to avoid it this time! I hope Claire gets over it quickly! It's a rough sickness! I can totally picture her confused face, it's so sad to think about!

Heather Palmer said...

I'm so sorry she is sick!! It's always so sad when they are so little that you can't explain to them what is happening. Hope you guys get some sleep!

Unknown said...

Yeah for the teeth coming through (finally) and boo for the flu. Hopefully she will get over it quickly and you will stay healthy! And I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get more sleep soon!

Ryan + Jess said...

That wasn't really Ryan - it was Jessica in case you were wondering why he sounded like a girl :)

Heather Palmer said...

Holy crap you need an update!