Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas

Well since it's over, I'll just give you the brief version. This year, my entire family was here for Christmas. Something that hasn't happened for 4 years. It was so fun to have everyone all together. We all got matching pajamas (for pictures see Scott's blog). I was sick most of the time, which stunk. So for the first time since we've been married, we slept at our own house on Christmas eve. It wasn't so fun, but I needed the sleep. Us Melchin girls and our dad also have a tradition of going shopping for mom on Christmas eve, and this year we had all of us there, so I documented with a a picture. Anyway, it's now late, and I'm tired. Christmas really was wonderful. I miss everyone already. Next year, we'll have our own little one to buy for and I can't wait for that! Here are some of the pictures we got. We didn't really take any and I always regret that when I do that. Oh well...next year.

This is puffy me and my beautiful sister's shopping with our dad on Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning.

10 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Don't you love the puff? I had that with all my pregnancies! Christmas looked like crazy fun for you guys!

Jeni said...

I hated getting puffy right at the end. face, legs, hands, eveyrthing. I hate that, but I think you look sooooooooo cute! I am so sad we didn't get to see you. I hope to come back up soon.
I love all the red pjs in the morning pic! how fun to have everyone home!

Laura Leavitt said...

you all look like red Christmas angels. I got soooo puffy and fat my first pregnancy. I gained 60 pounds.No one recognized me. Looks like a great holiday.

Lisa said...

Melinda... you are so cute pregnant. Do you remember when you told my roommates and I that when you have a baby and they make you think of a happy place, you were going to think of apt. 310... well it looks like the time is rapidly approaching! I am so glad to see you are doing well!

Amber said...

I hate being puffy!! I am ready to have this little one TODAY. To bad I have done nothing to prepare for this one yet!! I really need to get on the ball. Do you have your nursery done yet? I Don't! You look cute don't worry the last 10 weeks only feel like 40!!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

i think you look great!!! i love how you all got matching pjs!!! that's AWESOME!!! thanks for the update.

Heather Palmer said...

Melin, you look beautiful! Pregnancy sometimes sucks, but you get the best reward for it! Don't worry about how you look, you look awesome and your little belly couldn't be any cuter!

I LOVE those Christmas morning pictures! I love the clusters of red plaid...you all look so cute and like you were having so much! :) I'm so glad you all got to be together for christmas this year...maybe next year we will be in Hawaii! :) lol

Emily S said...

So you don't post for like 3 weeks, I'm gone for a week, and you post like 4 times, I can't keep up!! haha
I love your guys' pajamas, soo cute. I also find it strange how you keep calling yourself "puffy" is it? Now, what kind of crazy talk is that.

Sarah W. said...

I really love the pj's. Where did you guys gets them. We need to start a fun tradition like that in our family. I have a story about "puffiness." When I was pregnant with Emma, my feet got so fat and swollen. They were so huge that I couldn't wear very many of my shoes. I had to wear flip flops. I would get up some mornings and put my feet down on the tile and as I walked the tops of my feet would jiggle. That was so gross!!! Thankfully each pregnancy got better. I hardly swell anymore. I think the first one is such a shock to your body. Just think, "This too shall pass."

Emily said...

Melinda, you are beautiful. When you're feeling bad about yourself, just look in my direction and that will be remedied. :)