Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas is Coming!

Well I figured it was time to get another set of belly shots up. It's getting harder and harder to take a picture that I like. Camera's don't lie, and I didn't realize that I was getting bigger...but I am. So, thanks to the help of Heather's photoshopping skills, I actually posted the pictures instead of hiding them forever. I'm getting scared to see what will become of me.



I'm getting very excited for all of the things that are going to be happening in our world in the next few weeks. December is my favorite month by far, and I feel like there's so much to do, and we have such a short month. I guess it is only the 2nd. As for the fun things I'm looking forward to. This week we have the beginning of the Christmas parties. Starting Wednesday with the R.S. one...then Friday for the work one...then Saturday for the ward one. The following week we have the arrival of Judy for BS'07 (our annual trip to Banff Springs Hotel for the night). We leave Friday for that. Then Heather and Gannon and the kiddies get here the next day. Then, it's my last week of work, the arrival of Kerri and Luke, and the Palmer's open house. Then the arrival of Cade and Amy and Brad and the kids. This Christmas will be crazy with family, and I'm so excited. The last time we were all together for Christmas, was before I was married...that's way too long.




As for new things in our lives. Michael started a new job. He's trading foreign exchange at night. It's HORRIBLE for right now. I go to bed alone and wake up and get off to work before he's awake. Then, we have a few hours at night together, unless I have other commitments...which I usually do...then we barely see each other. It stinks while I'm still working, but once this baby comes, it'll be WAY better. We'll get most of the day together. So, we're toughing it out until February when I can quit work. It's definitely a sacrifice, but it will pay off in the end. Baby girl Palmer is growing well and kicking me like crazy. My latest fun thing is to watch my stomach when she's doing this, and it's insane to see how much it moves. I LOVE it! We have most of the Christmas stuff up, but Michael insisted on restringing the lights, so the tree isn't decorated. This is the week to finish it though! I'm excited.



Well, I've rambled long enough. Michael's gone to work so I'm alone and bored. Can you tell?


Yes, these were both taken on the same night, but I like this one better, and the one below is better of the belly...so, you get them both!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Let me be the first to comment. I love your new christmas blog! Very festive! And hooray for the update! It's fun to read, even though I already know everything as I see you everyday! :) I should take some prego shots, but I'm too disgusted with my body this time around. We definitely have to get Heather to take some of us together when she's here.

Alysha Sladek said...

you look SOOO cute!! and i agree... very festive blog. love it. how fun to have all the family around. that's the best part of it!

Jeni said...

hehehehehehehe
I love your belly Melin, It is so cute! I cant wait to come and touch it and I dont care what you say. I am touching it! Little baby girl palmer misses me and she doens't even know it yet!
I loved this post... I love hearing the inside workings of your head when you havn't blogged in FOREVER! Congrats to Michael for the new job! I am so sad that you dont get to see him much :( this will pass!
OK i cant wait to see you soon. I am home in 2 weeks! BO-YA!

Brooke said...

YEAAA!!! YOU BLOGGED! And you posted pictures too!! Oh my goodness, you've made my day! You look just beautiful Melin, you're absolutely glowing! I'm so excited for you guys. Sorry about the not seeing Michael thing, that stinks! I hope the Christmas season makes up for it :)

The Hartle's said...

OH, you look so cute! sounds like a busy month, have you been having so much fun getting baby stuff ready?! All I want to do is shop and sew baby stuff... it might be a problem.

Kandice Stewart said...

Yay for a new update! :D Your blog is looking very cute and festive! But I'm SO happy you've put up new baby belly pictures! And don't forget... on your list of things to look forward to this month you also have ME coming home :D Yayyy!! See you in 10 DAYS!! Love ya!

Heather Palmer said...

You are so freaking cute!!!! I can't wait to see you. And your blog looks amazing! I love how Christmasy it is!! See you in a little over a week...or just under 2..which ever is right! :)

Amber said...

Cute pictures!!! You are way smaller than me. I just usually hold a kid infront of me to hide my growing body a bit. Love the decorations. The bottom half of my tree is bare becasue my kids think the ornaments are magic and have to touch them.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Melinda, I love those pictures. And the first one.....that shirt is dah-ling!
Thanks for coming to the cousins party...what fun it is to have such great family around. We are blessed!

Emily S said...

You and emily should definitely get maternity photos taken together, that would be absolutely adorable.
I know, december is the best month ever, I'm pumped.

Kearl Klan said...

You look amazing! I am so happy you put up some pictures. It's nice to be updated on how you are doing when we don't see each other much!

Amber said...

Christmas is OVER it is time to update your BLOG!!

Amanda Idell said...

Yeah you look super hot pregnate ..lol No really you do.