Saturday, February 23, 2008

The latest!

Well since my last post I feel like everything has changed. We are now living in my parent's basement, which I have to admit is better than I thought it might be moving back home. We are so grateful to them for letting us live there for a little while, it's a big help. We moved out last Friday, and had a normal weekend (although it was hard for me to move out, and I have to admit, there were some tears). I had my Dr's appointment on Tuesday, and I went in and saw another Dr. who was covering for my regular one. Well she took my blood pressure, and it was high, so we did the rest of the visit, and then she took it again, and it wasn't coming down (I have to admit, I don't even know what the number was that day). It was so high that she was concerned and told me I had to come back the next day to check it, and the following day to see my usual Dr. and check it again. She sent me in for blood work, and gave me strick instructions to go home and do NOTHING. I was to lay down the whole day and relax. I was a little alarmed, but trusted that she knew what she was talking about. So, I went in the next day again, and my blook pressure was now 130/100...super high. So the same thing, go home do nothing and come back tomorrow. So the next day, I saw my regular Dr. and she checked everything, and although my blood pressure had come down (now 120/82), my blook work was not good. She told me to go home and do the same thing, but this time to measure my blood pressure 3-4 times a day, and go right to the hospital if the bottom number was over 90. I asked if I could go to church on Sunday, and she basically told me she didn't think I would make it until Sunday without delivering. So, a little alarmed, I went and redid the blood work and waiting for them to get me in for an ultrasound asap. Well, the blood work came back good this time, and we had the ultrasound on Friday, and all is well, and my blook pressure has stayed down so far, but I'm still taking it very easy. It was a little alarming. I didn't have a singe supply ready, so Lara went and got me all ready. So we have another appointment on Tuesday, and then another ultrasound next week, and if the blood pressure goes back up, I'll most likely be induced next week, and if it stays down, we still have some time.
So that's what I've been doing. I've been on a roller coaster of blood pressure. We'll see what comes of it all, but for right now, I'm glad that things are looking better. I'm not quite ready to do the whole delivery thing I must admit, but if I need to, she looks like she'll be ok to handle it. I'll keep you posted!

10 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

oh boy! i sure hope it settles down and everything's ok. can't wait to see this little one! take it easy!!

Heather Palmer said...

Holy crap! That is crazy! I can't believe BGP might be coming so soon! Make sure you call me and keep me up to date. I feel like I never talk to you guys anymore!!! Get online would ya?!

Brooke said...

WOW! Oh my goodness, Melin! That's so crazy. I'm really glad you and your little girl are okay though. KEEP US POSTED, friend!

Emily S said...

wow I totally forgot how far along you were and couldn't believe you mentioned delivery! I guess you're not 20 weeks anymore haha...that's crazy. Well I hope you stay relaxed and healthy and things go well :)

BrittanyB said...

wow, scary! I hope things go a little smoother. Good luck!

Tasha said...

Oh my, Melin! I wish I were closer to help - maybe come over and spend the day relaxing with you. And I'd bring Cafe Rio for sure. Does your pregnant self still permit that kind of food? Whatever 'that kind' means. Sure love ya...

The Hartle's said...

Wow, that is crazy that you could have your baby so soon! I cant say that I feel bad for you... I am due today and thats all I hear about but I dont feel any different so I'm pretty sure that I'm in it for the ong haul! Keep us posted!

hailey said...

first things first, melinda...take some belly shots now!!! make sure you have them....and take them as often as you think to....and enjoy EVERY minute of the rest of this pregnancy....

hope all goes well and BGP arrives safe and sound!

Jeni said...

ok so yes that is super scary and you better be taking it easy, BUT I have to feel for your very pregnantness and say, I hope you get to deliver eaRLY!!

Emily S said...

CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait to hear and see pictures :)